- Contact Chef & Party Planners
We'll customize a menu for your event that will thrill your guests.
- Catering Videos
Choose your favorite dishes and we'll plan a party for your chosen theme!
- Customer Testimonials
Our menus, equipment & event planning will meet your highest expectations!
Catering Services Terms and Conditions
Pricing & Minimums
Gary's Catering reserves the right to require a minimum number of guests per menu or per event. Guest minimum amounts, menu prices, menu items, and any other services or products offered by Gary's are subject to change at any time, without notice, based on resources, availability and other factors. There may be a time lag between changes to prices, minimum guest requirements, and menu items or services, and when those changes appear on the website. Specific guest minimums, menu prices, menu items and service offerings will be confirmed by a Gary's Catering representative when you discuss your event with our staff.
To guarantee your private or Corporate function, 25% of the anticipated total cost is required at time of booking (unless other arrangements have been made in advance). Remaining Balance is to be paid five (5) days prior to the date of function, (unless other arrangements have been made in advance & in writing). Corporate Clients can apply for payment terms allowing for remaining balance to be paid at time of event or within 14 days after event has been executed.
Form of Payments accepted: Cash, Check, Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover. Additional charges will be incurred when an event time exceeds the scheduled time, additional meal service personnel, or any other goods /services.
Signature on Contract is required.
Client can perform any alterations/revisions to said contract up and until ten (10) days prior to event. Final head count for private events is due and must be conveyed to our office ten(10) days prior to function. Corporate clients have until five (5) days prior to corporate function for forward attendance. This number is considered your minimum guarantee attendance and cannot be lowered after that date. We will accept any increase in guarantee number until 5 days prior to event.
Due to increasing costs & changing compliance regulations, a new policy for the use of credit cards to pay all or part of the total cost of your event order will be implemented on May 12 2017. A 3% surcharge fee will be assessed on all Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card and American Express credit card transactions. This fee is not greater than our cost of acceptance. No transaction fee will be assessed on payments made by cash, check, EFT or ACH.
Prices are firm for catering events held within one year of the date of contract, unless list price/market price of items increases by greater than 15% and any State and Government tax increases.
All prices are subject to 6% state sales tax (unless you provide proof that you represent a tax exempt organization) All buffet service whereas staff is present is subject to an 18% Administrative Fee (For clarification of this fee; refer to our Question & Answer link to the left of this page)
In the event of the cancellation of your scheduled event within thirty day's of your booking date, your deposit will be returned-less a 25% handling charge. After thirty day's from booking date- Your entire deposit is non-refundable. If booking date occurs within thirty days of your event, your deposit is non-refundable. In the event of the cancellation occurring within seven day's of your booked event, you will be liable for the entire event balance.
Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of the Caterer to complete the same and is subject to disputes, strikes, accidents, transportation, availability of foods, beverages or supplies and other causes whether enumerated herein or not. Beyond the control of the Caterer preventing or interfering with the performance of this agreement. Caterer's liability shall be limited for any breach or non-performance of the agreement or any part thereof to the amount paid for the initial deposit. Caterer shall not be liable for damages, consequential or otherwise other than for the return of the referenced deposit. Caterer is not responsible for damage or loss of any personal property at your event premises. You are responsible for the damages, theft, breakage and/or loss at or to the premises.
At the time of the event an actual count will be made of those attending and payment in full will then be made for any additional persons attending beyond guaranteed attendance. Dietary substitutions can be made available at time of booking. Persons receiving substitute meals must be identified by a special ticket. Any overage on the guarantee guest total may result in a different food item being served.
At the discretion of Gary's Catering staff, leftover cooked food may remain with client whereas on site refrigeration is accessible to our staff. After which Client assumes all liability resulting in failure to properly maintain safe food temp's and storage of food.
See Questions & Answers link for further clarification
TAM/TIPS Bartending Service
By contracting Gary's Catering Bartender Service you understand and are verifying the following.
1. I understand that Gary's Catering does not promote under aged drinking under any circumstance and will not serve to guests under the age of 21.
2. I understand the bartending staff provided/secured by Gary's Catering follow the guidelines required by TAM/TIPS certification and have the right to refuse alcohol to any guest that appears intoxicated. The host will be discreetly notified of such action and such action will be recorded by Gary's Catering.
3. I agree that Gary's Catering is not responsible for the conduct of guests at my event and is not liable for their actions before, during or after the time frame specified on signed contract.
4. I verify that I have the option to allow a tip cup at my event or to not allow a tip cup. If I choose not to allow a tip cup, I will instead compensate each bartender for his/her services upon completion of event $1.00 for each guest. You must let your Event Coordinator or Catering Director three days prior to your event if you request "No tip cup" Otherwise Tip Cup will be set out on Bar/Beverage Station
Gary's Catering, Inc. reserves the right to inspect and control all functions. Waiver of Liability; the client agrees to irrevocably and unconditionally release Gary's Catering from liability, claims, actions and causes of action arising out of or related to any loss, damage, illness, death or injury sustained by any participant in connections with any food, services, personnel, beverages, rental items not directly provided by Gary's Catering Inc.
- Tax Exempt Groups must supply their tax exempt certificate upon booking event.
- VENUE setup including rental equipment, centerpieces etc is considered a service enhancement that is available for an additional fee. Rates vary depending upon extensiveness of setup and can be discussed with our Catering Director or Client Service Department.
- If your event contains rental equipment (tables, chairs, linen, tents, dance floors etc). A Rental Delivery & Pickup Fee will be assessed: $30-50 rates vary due to proximately of site location to headquarters.
- Cake Scoring & Plating Service is $75. Waived for events greater than 175 attendants
- Sit down & Family Style service is available for additional fee. Please discuss with our Catering Director or Event Coordinator .
- Delivery/Fuel Fee is applicable on all events that are greater than 40 miles round trip from our headquarters in Wixom. Fees are $25 and up depending upon venue proximity to our headquarters..
- Additional Labor Fee applicable for any additional staff or extended service hours requested by client or for Butler Passed Appetizer & Drink Service. $25 hourly rate applicable for Wait staff or Non Alcohol beverage attendants, $35 for Certified Bartenders. Travel time will be assessed to requested time frame of the above services.
- Gary's Catering offer Taste Testing Appointments for weddings and other joyous occasions. Please discuss your options with our Catering Director, Chef Joseph Less. (subject to availability; please refer to Questions & Answers link)
We take great pride in our food creations, If for any reason you are not satisfied, we will remedy the situation quickly and courteously.
Go with a name that you can trust when selecting your caterer for your next event.